1/04/2015

Quote of the week

Almost exactly 115 years ago, on the 5th of January 1900, four men are invited to dinner at a friend's house. Their host George is late, and just as they sit down for dinner according to the instructions George gave his housekeeper, they are startled when he suddenly comes in looking exhausted, his clothes torn and dirty. They urge him to tell them what has happened.

George: I've got to tell it now, David, while I still remember it.
David: Relax. Try to relax. You've all the time in the world.
George (giving him a strange look): You're right, David. It's exactly what I have. All the time in the world.


That's when he tells them about his travel to the future with the time machine he invented and his adventure with the surface dwelling Eloi and the subterranean Morlocks (which impressed me incredibly when I was a child) ...


The Time Machine, USA, 1960

No comments:

Post a Comment