11/04/2013

Zibbet finds of the week - I'm a collector #1

Although Zibbet is proud to be a site for handmade items, we can't forget the vintage items.
You might remember that I'm a collector. Mostly it's Steiff, vintage Barbie and of course my books and DVDs (with the DVDs and a part of the books not being very vintage), but also a few other things. For example there are cats scattered all over my place, hmm, I wonder why? ;-)

As a collector I decided to take a stroll through Zibbet's vintage life. As I intend to do that more often from now on, this post will be #1 of the "series". Enjoy!

I love, love, love vintage hats. My favorite from my own (very small) collection is a Derby hat with a black veil. I wish I had the outfit to go with it and the occasion to wear it.
Well, and look what I found at Alley Cats Vintage!



My own childhood doll was Barbie's cool British friend Stacey. I hadn't even heard about her first friend Midge until I was grown up and re-discovered Barbie's world. I guess it's because I didn't have this book from Veejays Vintage!



When talking about books, I mustn't forget to mention one of my favorite childhood series, Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers. I can't count how often I read them.
Have a look into the shop of Moxyfoxbooks. There are lots more of those treasures.



As you can imagine, it wasn't difficult to find cat related items. The hard part was to pick just one. For today I chose this sweet postcard from the shop of Vintage Paper which was used for a Christmas message in 1943. All together now .... awwwww!



I don't like much to look for vintage dresses. I fall in love with something and it's never my size! Life is soooo hard ;-)
From time to time I make an exception and I stumbled upon this beauty (that so reminds me of early Barbie fashion!) at SLV - Some Like It Vintage.




Stay tuned for more vintage on this blog and if you can't wait, well, have a look at Zibbet for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment