7/21/2013

Quote of the week

I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. Shoot me. Call it escapism. Or you can take a small break and share a little smile with me.

Anna, a famous actress, meets William in his book store. Just a bit later they bump into each other again, and finally she calls him to meet her at the Ritz. Too bad that the scheduled press interviews with the actors of Anna's new movie are not over yet, so William has to pretend he's a journalist. When being asked what magazine he's from, he happens to see "Horse & Hound" lying around ... maybe not the best choice to pick?

Anna's agent: You're from, uh, Horse & Hound?
William: Yup.
Agent: Good.
Anna: Is that so? Well.
William: So, uh ... Uh, I'll just ... fire away then, shall I? Right. Uh. The film's great, and, um, I was just wondering whether ... *breathes in* ... you ever thought of having, um, more, uh, horses in it.
Anna: Well, we would have liked to, but it was, um, difficult, obviously, being set in space.
William: Space, right, yeah. Yeah, obviously very difficult.
Anna's agent leaves the room.
William: I'm so sorry. I arrived outside. They thrust this thing into my hand, I didn't ...
Anna: No, it's my fault. I thought this would all be over by now. I just wanted to sort of apologize for the kissing thing. I seriously don't know what came over me. And I just wanted to make sure that you were fine about it. 
William: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Absolutely fine.
Anna's agent comes back in with a bottle of water: Do remember that Miss Scott is also keen to talk about her next project which is, um, shooting later in the summer.
William: Ah yes, excellent. Excellent. Any horses in that one? Or hounds for that matter. Our readers are equally intrigued by both species.
Anna: It takes place on a submarine.
William: Oh. Well, bad luck. But, um, if there were horses in it, would you be riding them or would you be getting a ... a stunt-horse-double-man-thing?
Agent leaves again.
William: I ... I'm a complete moron. I apologize.


These two are of course played by Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts, and ... sorry, I'll have to watch the press conference ending while the DVD is in. Please excuse me, just a ... *mumbling and shutting computer down*

Notting Hill, UK/USA, 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment