6/30/2013

Quote of the week

Politically correct? No. Without violence? No.
I read that the main character in today's series is a spoof of Dirty Harry. I wouldn't know as I have never watched Dirty Harry and won't, but it might give you an idea already of what is to come.

One trigger-happy cop who talks to his gun and his partner, a kind, intelligent, sensitive and beautiful woman who is trying hard to keep him within the boundaries of legality, and who is good at getting the bad guys with a karate kick (one could slightly be reminded of Emma Peel if the outfits weren't so incredibly 80s) ... there you go, a hilarious police parody series.
I know that some people think the show hasn't aged well, I have to admit I had to get back into it again at first. I'm not sure if the kids of today would understand it, with all the little hints at movies and TV series of that time for example. It's not as I get all of them myself, but I'm working on it.

Sledge Hammer (after watching his partner Dori Doreau high kicking a guy to the ground): Doreau, that was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it, it was poetry in motion.

When Doreau asks who that guy is he tells her it's one of his friends and that they should get out before he wakes up ;-)




I love how Sledge's blue eyes light up like those of a kid on Christmas morning in moments like these ...

Sledge Hammer!, USA, 1986 - 1988

No comments:

Post a Comment