11/12/2012

Finds of the week

I love candles. I really do, and still I never light one of the few I have. To those who know me the reason might be clear. I don't trust my crazy cats who can sleep for 16 hours and then wreak havoc in a nanosecond. I'm afraid of fire or have at least a lot of respect, and I fear burning tails running through the place.

Still I browse from time to time to have a look at candles with scent, fun candles, candle holders, candles that look good enough to eat - and then I close the laptop with a look at my cats and with a small sigh ;-)
Let me share some of the items I came across on my last browsing spree on Zibbet.

Oh My Strawberry Cheesecake Candle by Sweet Candles Amour

Does this look good enough to be licked off?? I think it does. This is not a small candle, this is a candle cake!!

Three tiered fence railing candle holder by Clearwater Cabin Living

I really like the look of these candles holders. They are made of old fence railings, and I love how they look rugged and polished at the same time!

Large Easter Island Tiki Head Candle by Crystalgarden Candles

I have always felt drawn to these mysterious heads and have watched several documentations about them. What a great candle idea!


Gold wine bottle candle holder by BoMoLuTra Bottle Art

This is really a fun idea and the color of this particular wine bottle is beautiful. Check out the store for more neat bottle ideas!



And now go and light a candle and think of me sitting in a dark room, will you? ;-)
I hope you enjoyed this little trip through Candle World.

12 comments:

  1. I love candles, but like you worry about my mad dogs - the cats are too old now - wagging their tails and knocking them down! Love the head one and that holder made out of wooden railings is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a shame that the furkids are so reckless? *lol* Artificial candles just don't do the same for me.

      Delete
  2. Who could resist the Tiki Head candle? and the Strawberry Cheesecake Candle is AWESOME - no calories there!!!
    Nice read, Cat - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolyn! The "food" candles these days are so realistic, I'm not sure if I could fight the temptation to take a bite! *lol*

      Delete
  3. Wonderful selections! My fav is the wine bottle:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So hard to decide, isn't it? Have you had a look at their other creations? The things you can do with bottles, wow!

      Delete
  4. Great selection...the Cheesecake looks "good enough to eat"...yum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ... I've been having cravings since! ;-)

      Delete
  5. hahaha.... I was thinking the same about my kitties the second I read your blog. I love the light of flickering candles. But way to scared to light them with those fuzzies around the house.
    Great selection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad I'm not alone! *g*

      Delete
  6. These are amazing! I tweeted your blog!!
    Deni

    ReplyDelete