7/18/2010

Quote of the week


I'm a fan of Mel Brooks. I really am. And even if I love Young Frankenstein that I quoted before, I think High Anxiety is my favorite one of his movies.
I'm a fan of Alfred Hitchcock as well, so maybe that is the reason.
High Anxiety is an homage to Alfred Hitchcock and half of the fun is to recognize the movies the scenes are referring to. The plot itself very obviously refers to the movie Vertigo.

The cast is superb. Cloris Leachman as Nurse Diesel is unforgettable and the talented Madeline Kahn as the girlfriend looking for her father is great. Well, you already know I love her.

My favorite quote however is by Brophy, the chauffeur, who picks up Dr. Thorndyke (Mel Brooks) at the airport.
He takes Thorndyke's suitcase and tries to carry it, but ....
"I got it. I got it. I got it." Thump! "I ain't got it."

You hear that a few times throughout the movie. It's a very handy quote or are you trying to tell me that never happened to you? ;-)

High Anxiety, USA, 1977

2 comments: